Saturday, July 14, 2007

homesick for cali

just a couple of days in wisconsin and I remember with full force why I moved to san francisco. I hate the accent and the lack of organic food and products. I hate all the straight people asking me over and over to explain trans identity and politics after which they just spend the night making fun of it. I hate living under my parents roof where I spent some of the worst years of my life. I hate being treated like I'm 15. I miss the smell of piss on the sidewalk, I miss ritual mochas in the morning and bart and the lusty and the lex and my family on virgil street. I miss the ocean and the big rainbow flag in the castro. I miss freaks and queers and dolores park and dirt and glide and hills and "hella" and the spanish that I can't speak. I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment